Sunday, March 25, 2012

Five straight days of walking

Sunday (our 5th night).   I'm so tired!  We've been all over this wonderful city on foot for five days now.  And carrying a 22 pound pack (Theo) or pushing a 33 pound stroller (Josey) who likes to be carried too, is like training for the Hunger Games.  All three pairs of my most practical, comfy shoes I brought have given me blisters.  Tomorrow I'm going to try my sandals and hope no one rolls a cart over my toes...   Also, the $12 cheap-o umbrella stroller we bought before we left (which is so cheap it doesn't even have an umbrella) has proven completely useless.  We are going to break down and splurge for a Maclaren or similar.  In Houston we just don't need a stroller that much because we aren't able to walk to many places.  When we do its just to nearby parks or restaurants and the wagon works fine for that.  Now that we are here and see how quickly our 3 year old tires from walking we realize we are going to be "pushing" this crappy stroller all day for the next 4 weeks.  It hardly rolls the wheels are so bad.  We are constantly kicking the wheels straight.  The trusty Ergo carrier has paid for itself 100 times over, but after five days my back is killing me.  Now I'm thinking double stroller!  We will see... Once we decided we were going to travel, my old habits encouraged me to run out & buy a bunch of new things for our adventures.  I decided to hold off and wait and see what we would actually really need and just buy it here.  So tomorrow, first order of business: new comfortable shoes (I'm leaning towards jumping on the Toms bandwagon), and get a new, better stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment