Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sorry for the bi-polar posts

Nerja  has been very good to us.  We made the right decision to stay here at the beach.  I regret that we didn't get to see Granada and Madrid this trip, but we've settled into a nice routine and everyone is more relaxed.  We still have four days left here but I'm already feeling pangs of longing for the life we've been living here.  I'm feeling bad about all of the complaining I did on this blog, but just like the "don't carpe diem" essay, it's impossible to enjoy every second of being a parent - no matter where you are.  Being in paradise is wonderful, but a screaming toddler is still a screaming toddler.  On Tuesday we will fly to Paris where we will stay for a week.  My brother is going to join us. I'm very excited to be in Paris again (Joe & I were there before we were married).  And then this trip, our first real adventure, will be over.  Maybe, just maybe, after a few months, we will be ready to do it again?  Either way, we've grown stronger as a family, a couple, and we've made memories that will last a lifetime.  I wonder how much of this trial travel with tots, the boys will remember?  Whether they will remember it or not, it will shape them in ways we will never know.  And even at the worst moments, my little family is still pretty cool.  

2 comments:

  1. :D this post made me happy! Hope you enjoy your last few days there and that the transition to paris goes smoothly!! Enjoy! I'm still jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete